Thursday, December 11, 2008

Greening the Holidays and Saving Some Time and Money: Relevant Holiday Preparation

I'm sure you can relate. I have a ton of things to get done for the holidays, a work deadline that could not be missed, and a child who was sick, and threw up on me twice. I'm bone tired, and desperately counting the key strokes between me and my bed. It's creeping up on us all fast, and I reason that you can always use some quick tips to help make things easier, so let's have at it:
  • If you haven't already gotten your tree, check out this article that talks about healthy Christmas trees and ornaments from Debra's List forums, the must view resource on the web for reducing chemical exposure in your home and personal products in my opinion.
  • Save money and the planet with alternatives in giftwrapping brought by Asha Dornfest of ParentHacks. I'm a rampant recycler myself, so much so that a small joke in the family is that if you really like the giftbag you just gave me, it will probably be coming back to you in the future.
  • Toy store fatigue? Wondering if the toy your kid is pleading for is toxic? Another safety resource to use, especially during the surge in toy influx to the household, as well as add to your bookmarks is The Good Guide's Guide to Safe Toys.
  • Eco and budget friendly holiday greeting card resources: http://www.postcards.org/ , http://www.123greetings.com/ , http://www.all-yours.net/

Happy Holidays!

No comments:


View my page on twitter moms
Alltop, all the cool kids (and me) Save Handmade Toys