Friday, November 14, 2008

Mom Or A Terrorist Who Just Wants Her Toys Freed: Relevant Toy Tales

Toy tidbits:
  • Good news on the toy safety front. A new report shows that recalls this year have decreased 46%. But we aren't out of the woods yet. New safety standards are taking effect next year, and the toys on the shelves were bought before new standards are in place, so continued vigilance is warranted. Also, in a tight economy it is tempting to search out discounters, or gently used from recycling groups, garage sales (by the way, check out these excellent garage sale tips) and Craigslist. If you do go this route it is recommended that one "check the CPSC Web site to determine whether a product has been recalled." It's progress though, and I'll take it!
  • Judging from one British woman's recent experience when she tried to return to the plane where her daughter had a left her toys, it's best to do it in such a way that doesn't land you in an interrogation, and forever wearing the moniker "Emma Bin Laden." I understand, sister! I just might breech security to for my son's lovey.

No comments:


View my page on twitter moms
Alltop, all the cool kids (and me) Save Handmade Toys