Friday, November 7, 2008

Changing the World One Woman at a Time: Relevant Impact


Last year I read Three Cups of Tea and became familiar with a simple guy, Greg Mortenson, who has a remarkable vision and is doing inspiring things to advance women and foster peace and understanding amongst cultures. If you have not yet read it, I highly reccommend it. I defy you not to be moved.


In his follow-up book he will profile a woman from the Kashmir region of Pakistan, and her journey. A compelling profile and preview of her story appears in The Christian Science Monitor.


Get to know a promising young woman, and see Greg Mortenson's innovative approach to international relations that our leaders would do well to learn from.

No comments:


View my page on twitter moms
Alltop, all the cool kids (and me) Save Handmade Toys