Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back to Normal, Whatever That Is: Relevant Election Withdrawl

The election aftermath is inspiring emotion all across the nation, and the news outlets coverage can be summed up as "historic, inspiring, big mess, world watching, get to work pal!" But of all the news coverage I slogged through today, I think my favorite is a very sweet and sincere piece in Newsweek, written by a father to his four month old African American son on election night. That's what it's all about, and I like my rosy naivete, thanks very much...so...fffffffbbbbb Wall Street...go take a yoga class, breathe, and stop having a bloody temper tantrum about change! Their behavior of late is not that far off of a willful toddler who has been denied the purple crayon, don't you think?

Also, some wondered what all us that have been election junkies would do with ourselves. I don't know, I'm just hoping to get my paying writing work done, manage to keep relevant, and go to bed before 1 am (mission not accomplished this particular evening) so that I can be less of a zombie for my boisterous guy, and muster up something more than "how about breakfast for dinner?" for my patient husband. I don't aspire to perfection, but how about a two day lead time on meal planning consistently?

How about you? What WILL you do with yourself now that the election is over, besides that is raising the future of our nation...maybe even a future president?

Join in the conversation and leave a comment. C'mon don't be shy...it's easy.

No comments:


View my page on twitter moms
Alltop, all the cool kids (and me) Save Handmade Toys