Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Breastfeeding Week!

In celebration of the hard work that breatfeeding mamas do, here are a few favorite resources to share:

  • La Leche League International: llli.org I was one of those that was a little hestitant about this group at first, but I can say after 16 months of nursing (my son just decided he's done all on his own) I really couldn't have done it, or at least sanely, without this all volunteer organization's knowledge, resources and most especially, support (even in the middle of the night when most nursing emergencies occur it seems like).
  • Kellymom.com: Chockfull of amazing information and resources, including fantastic growth charts, since not all breastfed babies conform to the growth charts the AAP uses.
  • Mothering Magazine and the Mothering.com forums: An all around wonderful community!
  • Holistic Moms Network is a national organization founded to support families interested in natural family living and alternatives in health care and parenting choices. They actively support and encourage extended nursing.
  • My favorite, can't live without breastfeeding items: My Breastfriend Nursing Pillow and economical nursing tank tops with great support for a post baby body from Target.


Happy Breastfeeding Week!

No comments:


View my page on twitter moms
Alltop, all the cool kids (and me) Save Handmade Toys